Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hailey's Baptism Weekend!

What a busy weekend we had. Both our families came to Missoula to help celebrate Hailey's special day. Kevin and I hosted our first large dinner party at our new house and we had a great time making a full turkey dinner (actually, Kevin did a lot of the work). We had 11 adults and 4 kiddos. The house was very busy and the cousins and Hailey had a great time playing.

Hailey and her cousins Madison and Jordan

Hailey was baptized on February 1, 2009 at Atonement Lutheran Church. Of course, I picked the weekend that the church was hosting "world weekend," so the service was a bit long. Hailey did a great job during the service! However, she did fall asleep minutes before the baptism. She didn't stay asleep for long....the pouring of the holy water woke her right up. She did a bit of screaming and then eventually calmed down. We were happy to have Jen and Tom as her sponsors/godparents! We also want to thank Nancy for making Hailey's beautiful baptismal gown. It was absolutely beautiful. Thank you to both families for making the trip to Missoula! Hailey is blessed to have such a wonderful family!

Hailey and I before the big day!

Kevin and I putting on Hailey's baptismal gown!

Hailey's Baptism

Kevin, Hailey and I at the church following her baptism.

Daddy and his little girl

1 comment:

Katie M said...

Hailey looks so big next to her cousins. It looks like she got to be a big girl and have a candy necklace too! How did that work out. STICKY?