Monday, August 17, 2009

Pickle Weekend.......Early Birthday Party

This weekend Hailey and I went to Cascade to can some pickles and celebrate an early 30th birthday with Jen and Justin.

Pickle canning is a tradition in my family. My mom has been canning for at least two decades and Jen has been canning with her for the last five years. Of course it's not just the two of them....there are always other pickle goers. Lexie usually joins in as does Jen good friend Jen C. I hear of the event each year, but I've always been too far away to attend. Not this year! This year I attended as did our other good friend Hillary. So, besides getting some canning done, we also had a girls getaway (except we had 3 babies with us....I know.....really not a getaway). In total, we canned 39 jars....which was made up of 50 lbs of cucumbers, 117 pieces of garlic, 78 teaspoons of mustard, and lots of dill (I can't remember how much....that wasn't my job :)

We also celebrated our 30th birthday and Lexie's 28th birthday. I think this is the first time in 5 years that Jen, Justin, and I were all together for our birthday. So.....why not celebrate early! Mom made a homemade German Chocolate cake....yum. Thanks mom!

30....Yikes!

Happy Birthday to all!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to you all!! That sounds funny! Looks like Miss Hailey found one more thing she likes to eat. Yummy Pickles.

katy said...

Wow...you're old! I may have to fly to Montana just to eat some pickles!

Jenn said...

Thanks for the great weekend, it was a blast! I have a cold now...Sue???