Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pre-Halloween Festivities

Can you believe it....this is our third Halloween in Missoula?.  I feel like it was just yesterday we moved from Houston.  This week we have been taking part in our usual fall festivities: the pumpkin patch and chili/carving party. 

Hailey, Brooke, Jen, and I made a visit to the pumpkin patch.  I must say I was a little disappointed this year.  Not as many pumpkins and the set up was blah....We have always had so much fun in the past.  Don't get me wrong, we still had a good time:  Hailey fell backwards out of the wagon, Brooke rolled down the hill, and I slide down the hill going after Brooke.  Not to mention Hailey is a terrible pumpkin-picker outer.  Pictures from the pumpkin patch in the past have been some of my very favorites of Hailey, but this year was a little different.




This past weekend Jen hosted the third annual pumpkin carving and chili feed.  This is always a good time getting together with our friends, carving some pumpkins, getting the kids dressed up, and eating some yummy chili.  I will admit, a bit crazy this year with ALL the kiddos, but fun none the less.  It was so easy when they all just sat there and looked pretty for the camera....this year they were all on the move and next year will be even crazier I'm sure!

 The Papp Family
 
 Cleaning out the pumpkin!

Helping Mommy carve....everyone watch out....she has a knife.

Hailey decorated her own pumpkin....with Mr. Potato head parts.
So PROUD of her witch pumpkin...she wanted to carry it around all night.

 The kiddos in their costumes.

A sneak peak at Hailey's costume for Halloween.....she is going as a Cowgirl!

4 comments:

katy said...

Cute! Christopher is a cowboy this year, and Benjamin is going to be an indian.

Nancy said...

Nice looking Cow Girls....Save that costume for whoop-up next year and we will decorate a bike and ride in the parade!!

The Fink Family said...

You guys did a great job on the costume! Thanks for coming to the party it was fun.

Hillary said...

33 days till you add to next year's brood!!! We had so much fun - thanks for posting these pics. The one of all the kids just made me laugh so hard...