When we got to Discovery, we decided to just try the Easy Chair. It has two runs and they are both pretty flat. We decided, along with Hailey, that it was TOO easy. So, Kevin and I bought tickets for the big mountain and off we went. We started on a Green (easy) run and she did awesome. She was turning and doing everything so well. I was worried that the long runs would be too much for her, but she loved it.
After doing the green runs a few times, we took her up for a bigger challenge. A Blue (intermediate) run. The first time down the run she struggled a little bit on the head wall, but by her 6th time down the run, she was turning and flying right down it. She seriously blew our minds! **Hoping to get a video up this weekend**
We thought she would do a few runs, be tired, ask for a snack, and then want to go home. NOT this time! We skied from when the lifts opened at 9:30 to when they closed at 4:00. She took 11 runs. What a trooper!
Hailey and Daddy riding up the mountain.
Hailey making her way down the hill.
Making her way to the bottom.
Hailey and Mommy
Serious Ski Face!
Oh....and I forgot to mention. The last run of the day, Hailey hit a tree. Yes, a tree. Hailey got the opportunity to ski with a buddy for a few runs. They were going in the little tree paths along the runs several times. On the last run, Hailey came into the path a little fast and couldn't correct and straight on hit a tree....with her face. There was lots of blood, crying, and tears, but she was a tough girl. We had her checked out by ski patrol and she seemed to be doing just fine. I was more concerned with her having a concussion or losing some teeth. I knew she was just find when an hour after the accident, she was eating gummy bears, singing songs, and laughing.
Let me tell you....this was about an hour after the accident and she was looking pretty good here. We got her all cleaned up and the swelling started to go down.
Update....Hailey is doing well and has already been up skiing again. Better to get her back on her feet than to be scared of skiing. She has said to us many times, "I'm going to wait until I'm a BIG girl to ski in the trees." Sounds like a good idea to us!
1 comment:
What an amazing and smart little girl...Nana says stay out of the trees !
Post a Comment