Friday, August 29, 2014

Hailey's 6th Birthday Party (Whizpops/Tie-Dye)

For several months prior to Hailey's birthday party, she asked if she could have a Whizpops themed party. For those of you who don't know who the Whizpops are, they are a Missoula kids band and her Kindergarten teacher is a lead musician/singer in the band.  Know....I am pretty craft, but I had no idea how to pull that one off other than play their musics.  We thought and though....and finally came up with a Tie-Dye party.  What fun would that be......

Hailey has always had pretty large parties (by that I'm talking 25+ kids).  Now that she's in school, I told her she could invite between 6-8 kids.  So, she made her list, but something was missing.  She really wanted Mr. Schaefer to come.  He did state at the beginning of the year he would only come to parties in which the ENTIRE class was invited.  So....Hailey was pretty upset with me when I told her....7 kids.    I did however send Mr. Schaefer an email and told him when the party was, that the entire class was not invited, but we were having a Whizpops party and that we'd love for him to come.....and he said, "YES!"

Hailey was so excited for everyone to come.  She was looking forward to celebrating with her good buddies.  We had plans to tie-dye, play on the waterslide, slip n' slide, and play on our newly finished playset.  Lots of fun.......

Hailey was so surprise to see Mr. Schaefer show up....I didn't tell her he was coming.  He rolled up on his bike with her guitar in hand.

 Mr. Schaefer brought Whizpop tatoos....so first thing is first....time to get those on.


 Time to tye-die.

 Lots of concentration going on.....


 Showing everyone the new fort.

 You can do it Hailey....climb up.

 Mr. Shaefer sang Hailey happy birthday on the fort.

So much fun to have a "rock star" sing to you on your birthday.

 Having fun in the water with friends.

Lots of fun being had on the waterslide.



 Time for cupcakes.  6 Years old!  Yikes......

 The gang.....Happy birthday Hailey.




No comments: