Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Brewin' Some Beer

Kevin has wanted to learn to brew his own beer for a long time. So, for his birthday I bought him all the equipment needed to get started. Let me tell you...for the cost of the equipment, bottles, beer ingredients, etc, we could have bought out Safeway's beer selection, but Kevin is having a good time learning and experimenting.

About a week and a half ago Kevin and Tom cooked up the first batch of brew (I think it is a Brown Ale). It has been fermenting in my laundry room all week. Tonight we bottled and capped the beer, and now we wait for the official tasting. The beer will be ready in about a week. Kevin is already looking forward to starting his next batch. As for me....I'm sure I'll stick with Bud Light.

5 comments:

The Fink Family said...

That was fun and the beer tasted good. Hopefully when its done in a week it will have the same flavor.

Sue said...

save some for me to taste!

Nancy said...

I may even have to taste this!! Can you make rootbeer?

chris, katy, christopher, and benjamin said...

Bring a bottle down!

Jenn said...

Have you tasted it yet?