Thursday, November 4, 2010

A True Cowgirl!

Hailey has been a huge fan of horses (neighs) since Christmas of last year.  She first became infatuated with them while at Nana and Papa Belote's farm.  She would sit at the window and watch them from the house.  Papa took her out for her first encounter and lets just say she was scared to death once she got that close.  I don't think she realized how BIG they really are.  She did manage to pet and even sit on one, but she was still pretty timid. 

 Christmas 2009...Hailey (17 months)

Her love of horses continued......We now have lots of horse books and toys.  There are even times we drive a special way home so she can see the horses.  As we continued to visit the farm, Hailey got more and more comfortable.  This was the first time she sat on one without freaking out (Thanks to Brooke)

 
Brooke and Hailey (21 Months)

Present day:  When asked if she wants to see the horses, she immediately replies yes.  Not only does she want to see them, but she wants to ride them and she doesn't want to get off.  She is not scared one bit.  Looks like we have a true cowgirl on our hands.  Too bad Mommy is NOT a fan of horses.  Oh well, she'll have to rely on Papa and Aunt Jen to take her. 

 Wrong way Hailey (27 Months)

 Trotting....and yes, we were moving pretty fast.  She loved it.

 Come on neigh....come with me.

 I love horses!

4 comments:

The Fink Family said...

What great photos! I will take Hailey to see the horses anytime. Hopefully Brooke will love them as much as Hailey does.

Catherine said...

That last picture is just precious!

Nancy said...

I believe she is a true animal lover. Sorry Julie and Kevin but I think her favorite part of visiting me was the BIG puppy and the BABY Puppy. I guess if you are not going to get a dog she will just have to come to Nana's more often!!

Sue said...

Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time. AND sorry to say the horses will be leaving the farm this week :-( .... Love all your photos of Hailey..such a sweetie!