Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween 2011


Hailey has been looking forward to Halloween since the day after last Halloween.  For the last year she has talked about being a bug.  When I asked her what kind of bug, it was always just a bug.  Finally as Halloween got closer, she decided on a ladybug and she wanted Sydney to be a ladybug too!  Actually, she wanted to be a ladybug family, but that didn't work out for Kevin and I.....bummer huh.


I bought Sydney's costume and made Hailey's.  I just couldn't find a girls ladybug costume that I liked.  It was so simple and cost much less than buying one.  Plus, Hailey enjoyed seeing it made.



Halloween this year was chilly.  We are thankful we had no snow or rain, but we did have some pretty bad wind.  Hailey and Sydney were troopers and did just great.  I think Kevin and I were colder than they were.

 Hailey enjoyed trick-or-treating very much.  One or two doors and she had it down.  She was also very particular about which candy she grabbed and she took her time choosing the perfect piece from the bowl.

 Is anyone home?

 Our cute little ladybug.

 Trick-or-treat!

Sydney enjoyed Halloween, but of course had no idea what was going on.  She stayed in her costume the whole night and even left her hood on most of the time.  She didn't do any trick-or-treating.....Hailey got plenty of candy for the whole family.

Our sweet little ladybug.

 We also had the chance to do some trick-or-treating with the cousins.  Hailey and Brooke led the way while Sydney and Avery watched.  The girls even got to go into a Haunted House.  Hailey was pretty unsure and didn't want to go in, but in the end she made it through.

 Mommy with her girls!

 The girls with their load of candy.

1 comment:

Sue said...

What fun! The costumes were great and the girls are sooooooooooo cute in them!